Are you looking for a career change? You could be an IT or Management professional, maybe an e-commerce practitioner or a sales executive, who is trying to earn more and live the life that you once dreamt of. Learning Salesforce can help you to add a demanding skill to your resume, which is quite hyped up in 2021. More and more businesses are adopting salesforce to enhance their marketing plans and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
Therefore, it has become easier for someone to get a job with a high package that has a certified skill of Salesforce. Gaining the Salesforce certification, the most popular CRM platform could give a head start to your tech career.
Introduction to Salesforce
Table of Contents
First, we need to know what salesforce is and why it is so hyped in 2021? Well, Salesforce is a leading cloud-tech firm, which offers a SaaS-based CRM platform. Let’s simplify the whole concept of SaaS and CRM.
SaaS is Software as a Service, meaning that services are delivered via a web browser or App. Netflix, Gmail, Hangouts, Spotify are some of the examples of SaaS.
Whereas Customer Relationship Management (CRM), used by almost all businesses in some way around the world. CRM records the interaction between the organization and the customer.
Let’s understand this with a small example. Imagine you have a small Grocery shop, in which you will record data of how much of your products were sold in a day and the revenue generated. In the same way, big enterprises like Amazon or Google also record interactions with their customers with the help of CRM.
It has been 21 years since the year it was founded. And now it has 20% demand in the market. Salesforce also provides other services like Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and many more. Over the years, being a cloud platform, Salesforce has delivered a wide range of services to help SMEs and large Businesses.
Why Should you learn Salesforce, and what are its benefits?
With more than 180,000 customers of CRM, including some business giants like Google, Facebook, Coca-Cola, American Express, and Southwest Airlines, Salesforce dominates the world market. As you can see, every second big business giant is using CRM and SaaS, so there will be jobs everywhere requiring Salesforce skills. Industries across the globe use Salesforce software, and the scope for a salesforce career is vast. Followings are the benefits of learning salesforce:
- Better Salary- We already know that tech-based careers are some of the most lucrative careers, and you can be well compensated for helping a business with your salesforce skills.
- Demand- There is a huge demand for employees with skills like salesforce. Even salesforce is trying to train more young employees because it’s hard to grow across the world without fresh talented young people.
- Flexible Working hours- It doesn’t matter how many services Salesforce starts providing; however, it will always stay a cloud-tech-based company. Meaning more remote jobs will be in demand, offering flexible working hours.
- Community- We know how difficult it is to jump into a new career. However, Salesforce has a huge community and online support forums. And they just want to see you succeed in this career.
The Salary Scope in a Salesforce Job.
As we have already discussed how beneficial this certification could be for your career, now we need to know how much you can earn because that’s the whole point of upskilling, right? On average, after mastering all the services of Salesforce, a professional earns up to $71,175 per annum (source: Burning Glass) that too at the beginning of your techie-career.
Moreover, working within Salesforce is also a huge opportunity to get a package of $117,889 per year, excluding the paired company stocks and a bonus. And a person with the job role of Technical Architect, on average, bags the highest salary of $150,000 per annum in the US.
Types of Salesforce Certificate
There are eight courses from which you can choose; choices may vary depending upon the job post you want and your area of expertise:
Certification for the salesforce administrator
- Salesforce Certified Administrator
- Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator
- Salesforce Platform App Builder
- CPQ Specialist Certification
Certification for Salesforce Architects
- Salesforce Application Architect
- Salesforce B2C Commerce Architect
- Salesforce Data Architecture and Management Designer
- Salesforce Development Life cycle & Deployment Designer
- Heroku Architecture Designer Salesforce certificate
- Identify Access Management Designer salesforce certificate
- Integration Architecture Designer Salesforce certificate
- Sharing & Visibility Designer Salesforce Certificate
- Technical Architect Salesforce Certificate
Certifications for Salesforce Consultants
- Salesforce Education Cloud Consultant certificate
- Community cloud consultant
- Einstein Analytics & Discovery Consultant Salesforce Certification
- Salesforce Non-Profit Cloud Consultant
- Service cloud consultant
- Field Service Lightning Consultant
- Salesforce sales cloud consultant certification
- Experience Cloud Consultants
Certification for Salesforce Developer
- B2C Commerce Developer Certificate
- Platform Developer,
- Platform Developer II Salesforce Certificate
Certification for Salesforce marketer
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Specialist
- Salesforce Pardot Consultant
- Salesforce Pardot Specialist
- Certifications for Implementation Experts Consultants
Every course provides you with a very lucrative career. If you are someone who is not after it for the money, even then the exposure and knowledge depth of these courses will help you to transform your career into a successful career. You can enjoy job posts like Salesforce Admin, Salesforce developer, Salesforce Marketer, Salesforce business analyst, etc.
How to get a Job after Salesforce Training?
By now, you have understood the benefits of Salesforce certification; however, till now, we haven’t discussed how to get a job after Salesforce training? So, thousands of people with different backgrounds will be reading this post, and you could be from totally different career backgrounds. That’s why we have put the whole information into steps even for those who are not from the technical department. Let dig into the steps to follow:
Before you start taking Salesforce training from a provider, understand which certification you need to pass. However, if you are someone from a different educational background, try to learn about Salesforce as much as you can. Nowadays, almost everything is available on the internet, and that too is for free. Therefore, understand how the digital world works and why big companies use salesforce so that you can make up your mind whether this course is worth your time and money or not.
Get a certificate
Many educational apps and websites are providing certified courses developed by the Gurus of Salesforce. You can also check out MindMajix’s Salesforce Certification Training to get professional experience.
Start meeting the people with the same mindset and same background so that you can learn more and more about Salesforce and, eventually, excel it.
On completion of your training and after getting your salesforce training certificate, get salesforce experience. We have never heard that a person gets a job just through a certificate. Experience is always beneficial; there are many ways through which you can gain experience. Volunteering, Real-world projects are some examples through which you can earn experience.
We expect that you have completed all the above steps; now it’s time to take action. However, it is not that easy to get a job, and you need to make sure that you catch the attention of the recruiters. Before you start applying for jobs, you need to work on your soft skills like communication skills, behavioral patterns, and all those things which can make you look more professional and make you a serious candidate so that you can stand out in between other thousand applications.
Moreover, don’t forget to practice for the interview, prepare some answers prior to the Interview round, like why do you want to be a salesforce administrator? Why do you want to shift your career? And other such questions so that you won’t get anxious in front of Interviewers because all they check is how confident you are.
The salesforce economy is on the rise. Some are even saying that it might overtake Microsoft by 2030. There are hundreds of millions of people required. There is always a lack of employees in SalesForce. This is the best opportunity for those who have always wanted to get into the tech sector. We hope that this blog post might have helped you and given you some thought clarity.