Kodi is a popular media entertainment program that is being utilized all around the world.
The setup procedure for Kodi, on the other hand, differs depending on the device or system software. For example, when it comes to Android, the identical procedure used on iOS cannot be replicated.
Since you’ve come to learn how to set up Kodi on Android, we’ve put up this simple guide to help you do exactly that.
However, before you begin to install Kodi, it’s a good idea to spend a few minutes learning what Kodi is, why you need Kodi, and why you should set up Kodi on your Android using a VPN.
What Is Kodi?
Kodi is open-source and free software built with multimedia in mind, and it’s been around for almost twenty years. Since Kodi is a media manager, you may play music, see family movies, stream Movies, receive movie reviews and info, receive sports scores, watch the national news, and much more. Kodi also allows you to categorize and arrange your media by category—favorites, tracks, movie catalogs, and enjoy a variety of additional features.
Furthermore, Kodi isn’t only for PCs; it can be used on almost any device in your home—from Androids to a Fire Stick. That, by itself, makes the application a worthwhile video entertainment resource. Besides, there are other non-dedicated Kodi boxes available, including the Android TV and pendoo TV Android boxes, which play Kodi very well and frequently include preliminary conversion add-ons for it.
Kodi for Android: Why Do You Need It?
As there are so many media entertainment options available in the market, you may be wondering why you would need Kodi instead of another platform.
Did you even know that the Google Play Store has millions of Kodi installations? The statistics clearly demonstrate Kodi’s supremacy as the most popular entertainment option. Aside from analytics, there are a few other compelling rationales of Kodi for Android devices. Some of them are as follows:
● Add-ons Are Limitless
Without add-ons, Kodi would be meaningless. Besides, it is the accessibility of hundreds of additional third-party add-ons that makes it so great. On Kodi, you’ll discover the Netflix, Hulu add-on, and other popular add-ons like Covenant. Each add-on comes with a large library of material, including TV programs, movies, live sports, and much more.
● Enjoy Chargeless Streaming
Other than a few premium packages, Kodi provides a free streaming option that will completely satisfy your desires. Further, the player is easy to use and provides high-quality streaming. In addition, several stations offer to stream in ultra-high-resolution, high resolution, and 4K quality.
How to Set Up Kodi on Android?
VPN is required to utilize Kodi for Android devices to get the most out of the entertainment center. The VPN will give you a new IP address, enabling you to circumvent digital barriers imposed by specific add-ons or networks. Further, VPN for Kodi is simple to set up. Simply follow the instructions below:
- Sign up for the VPN service you prefer.
- Download the VPN for Android.
- After you’ve installed Kodi for Android, open the VPN app.
- Choose your preferred server location.
- Get full access to all add-ons of Kodi.
Why Would You Need a Kodi VPN?
As previously stated, Kodi’s add-ons are what allow it to be one of the most prevalent and wanted media hubs. But what if you can’t access certain add-ons in any way? Or, what if certain add-ons have been unavailable even if you’re a premium subscriber of that channel like Netflix?
For such instances, you should have a VPN for Kodi. Besides, a VPN is the only desperate option you may go to when it regards downloading Kodi’s banned add-ons. These add-ons were not limited by Kodi alone but by the network providers.
Due to the copyright issues, the operations of certain channels, including Hulu, are restricted to the nation that has permission to broadcast particular material. For example, even though you have a subscription to a premium network, you can’t view the platform’s local content if you’re in that nation.
To get around such ridiculous content limitations, you need to have the assistance of a VPN service. That is the most important reason for using a Kodi VPN.
What Is the Best Way to Use Kodi on An Android Device?
Since the procedure is very simple, you will not need a lengthy guide to install Kodi on an Android device. However, before you can start viewing your favorite movies on Kodi, you must first complete the following steps:
STEP 1: How to Activate the Option for Unknown Sources
As most common add-ons and libraries are generated by third-party developers, you’ll have to activate the unknown source feature in Kodi to make them function.
- Go to your Kodi’s settings.
- Now choose System Settings from the menu.
- Browse to the Expert and click it.
- Click Add-ons from the power-saving option.
- Turn on the Unknown Sources option.
- If a caution box appears, choose Yes to continue.
STEP 2: How to Download Add-ons for Kodi on An Android Device
You may now install Kodi repositories as well as add-ons that you’ve activated the unknown source choice. The instructions below will show you how to download Kodi on your Android smartphone.
- Go to Settings on your Kodi app.
- To continue, go into the File Manager.
- Click Add Source and the box will display.
- Click None and insert this http://archive.org/download/repository.xvbmc/.
- Label the repository with whatever name you choose in the Enter the Name box, like the repository name.
- To continue, press OK.
- Return to the Settings and choose Add-ons.
- The Package Downloader icon should be tapped. It may be found in the upper-left corner.
- Click Download in the zip file.
- Browse and click XvBMC when a box appears.
- Select the .zip file and click OK.
- Tap Download from Repository after the repo has been installed.
- Go to the XvBMC repository.
- Then, go to the Video add-ons section.
- Select the Covenant add-on from the menu.
- Tap Download on the following screen.
- Return to the Media add-ons option to install Covenant and watch your favorite programs.
Now that you already know how to download Kodi and utilize its add-ons on your Android smartphone. It’s time to relax for the day and watch all the movies you’ve been missing.
Installing Kodi on Android isn’t as tough as you may assume. Furthermore, there are a variety of approaches you may take, such as the ones outlined above. Besides that, since there are many reliable sources accessible, installing Kodi is much easier.