Most people are convinced that success comes only to those who work hard and hard. Indeed, not a single successful businessperson achieved his goals by chance, sitting in a chair and doing nothing.
However, at the same time, millions of working people will forever remain hired workers. The difference between these categories is in the productivity of their labour. A productive person is someone who understands how to make his or her work as efficiently as possible: structured, fruitful, taking up only the necessary minimum time.
Productivity and Employment
Table of Contents
What does a productive person look like, what kind of employee is this, how does he differ from just busy colleagues?
The main difference is that an effective person always has enough time for his needs: he gets enough sleep, has the ability to devote enough attention to his family, engage in health, and have hobbies.
Let’s see what signs distinguish a productive person from just busy people.
- Engaged in business with enthusiasm, trying to do it at the maximum level, and not just spend time performing the required functions.
- It focuses not on the mechanical execution of actions, but on the analysis of their relevance and correctness.
- He selects from all the options for activity only the most important and starts with paramount tasks.
- It is aimed at meeting customer needs, and not at the approval of colleagues.
- One of the best habits of a productive person – he seeks to make effective everyone who is related to his work. He values the result, not the effort.
So what does the term “productive person” mean? This is an employee or entrepreneur who clearly understands the result of his work and sequentially builds a chain of actions necessary to achieve the goal.
If you manage to increase your own efficiency (or productivity of business processes), you will get not only excellent results. You will be pleasantly surprised at how little effort you now have to spend, moreover, without sacrificing the quality of the work performed. Productivity is the key to calm, lack of fatigue and moral burnout.
A tempting prospect, but not everyone succeeds in realizing it. Below we will analyze what methods and rules can help any person who wants to increase their productivity.
How to increase productivity
Any person has productive qualities: determination, initiative, perseverance. The only question is how strongly they are expressed. Productivity is a skill that can be developed both at home and among your subordinates.
Rules for Personal Effectiveness
Is it difficult to become a productive person? Of course, the development of any skill requires some effort. However, if you know what aspects you should pay attention to first of all, then work on yourself will go faster and easier.
- Choose an activity to your liking. Do not listen to those who tell you: “This is not in fashion now, but that is promising.” You can earn absolutely in any niche, except the one in which you are bored. A person who is passionate about his work is a priori more effective than someone who is serving duty at work for the sake of money.
- Set priorities. Contrary to popular belief, multitasking is the enemy of productivity. Choose only the most important; do not force yourself to rush at the same time between unrelated links in the workflow.
- Do not forget about self-control. If you feel that laziness has taken possession of you, immediately switch to work. At first, it will be difficult, but with some persistence, your consciousness will work out a switching mechanism to automatism. However, do not force yourself to work to exhaustion, be sure to allocate time for rest and entertainment.
- Visualize the result of your work more often, try to feel the emotions associated with achieving the goal.
- A successful person is always open to new information; he tries to develop his skills and useful qualities. Strive to ensure that your social circle consists of people who are committed to success, from whom you can learn something.
To spend your time wisely and efficiently, use simple rules. Make a plan of the working day, putting in the first place the most complex tasks. If you have difficulty with perseverance, try setting the timer for short periods, not allowing you to be distracted by anything, until a signal sounds. For example, many entrepreneurs who have started email marketing companies in USA have invested enormous resources in his personal development.