Are you still just using a regular detergent to wash clothes? Like our hair, fabrics also need an extra layer of smooth conditioning to keep them strong and long-lasting. The fabric conditioner protects the materials with an extra layer of protection. To create that oomph effect on your clothes, fabric conditioner has become an essential item in every household. It makes your laundry time exciting; your clothes will pop, breathe and even retain their shine.
Both fabric softeners and conditioner are the same things. The primary responsibility of this magical item is to protect the beauty of the fabric. The clothes smell fantastic and make the material durable. The use of this item is to take intense care of the clothes in your wardrobe.
How does it work?
When the fabric is in the wash, they remain in a negative charge on the surface level. The fabric conditioner offers positive surfactants, also known as cationic surfactants. When the clothes are in the last stage of rinse, the fabric conditioner creates a bond with the fabric surface and gives a soft feeling.
Plant-based fabric conditioner over chemically enhanced conditioners
Going eco-friendly is a must in today’s time. Mother Earth is suffering from all the toxic materials all around. Hence, using a plant-based fabric conditioner is the best idea. In plant-based conditioners, all organic and soil-grown products are used. It increases the fabric’s durability, keeps the skin away from chemical allergies, and reduces carbon footprint.
Benefits of plant-based fabric conditioner
- Plant-based ingredients are safe for everyone: Plant-based fabric conditioners have ingredients derived from plants and are organic. They do not have side effects on the environment, kids, grown-up adults, pets, or people with sensitive skin. So, you can use the product for the whole family without thinking twice about their safety.
- Makes fabric softer and smoother: Garments are said to be soft if they have a low coefficient of friction. But often, this is not the ideal case with many garments. Garments with a high coefficient of friction tend to degrade quickly while coming in contact with other fabrics during machine washing. A good quality fabric softener helps decrease the friction coefficient and makes garments softer and smoother.
- Reduces the static cling: Some fabrics tend to develop static cling and stick to your skin throughout the time you wear the fabric. But an excellent plant-based fabric conditioner helps reduce the static cling and neutralises the highly charged particles of the fabric.
- Improves wicking properties: The plant-based fabric conditioners are often hydrophilic. It increases wicking properties and helps bring the moisture of skin onto the fabric’s surface. Simultaneously, this property also helps prevent the settling of dust on fabric, making keeping them clean and tidy.
- Ironing becomes easier: As the fabric becomes softer and smoother, ironing becomes so much easier and effortless. The iron glides easily, making it easier to iron clothes quickly. Moreover, softening of fabric makes garments stay well-ironed for a long time preventing the dreaded wrinkles.
Tips from experts
Different types of washing machines have different mechanisms for putting the fabric conditioner. In semi-automatic machines, you need to add the conditioner right before the rinse cycle as they do not come with a separate compartment for the conditioner. But in automatic washing machines, you will find a dedicated compartment for fabric conditioner. You need to put the conditioner in that compartment according to the load you are working with. Different machines have different levels, read the manual properly for better conditioning of clothes.
Clean the dispenser compartment regularly – clean it with warm water to avoid the blocking syphon.
The bottom line
75% of daily chores involve handling chemical-based products in one form or another. But, you can make a choice and avoid using chemical-based fabric conditioners. Use a plant-based fabric conditioner that keeps you safe and does not harm the environment in any way.