Nowadays, staffing corporate houses has become a relatively straightforward process, seeing how fresh graduates pop out every other year. The ever-increasing population has a great hand behind it too. But, do companies always find what they are looking for without spending too much time and money? Don’t think so. Businesses have a lot of fish to fry, and sometimes they are too involved in their day-to-day and miss the importance of an excellent human resource.
The world has become one big marketplace, and seeing how everything is going digital, the need for fresh minds is increasing every day. Recruitment of employees is not always an easy task to accomplish considering how many man-hours and money is spent on the entire process.
Setting up an elaborate recruitment procedure doesn’t always seem prudent, especially for small businesses. However, there is a boon for all these companies disguised as a recruitment services provider agency that helps them fulfill their requirements quite efficiently and effectively.
Contractual or Permanent, how recruitment agencies can make your operations smooth
So, usually, it’s not prudent for them to hire employees for different roles, say accounting, HR, leadership if their budget doesn’t allow them to. But, sometimes, this ends up being their rock that sunk their ships in the metaphoric sea of competition. So, the only alternative that works for them is hiring people on a contract basis or hiring freelancers that charge them on an incident basis. So, these companies are in the market looking for a contractual employee.
On the other hand, some companies require full-time employees but are too busy or inexperienced to fill those vacancies themselves. A recruitment solutions provider company also called at the recruitment agents help both these businesses to not hamper their day-to-day operations by thinking too much about the recruitment process.
Be it contractual or full-time employees, the recruitment agents or consultants go on behalf of the company to find them and get them placed at the offices.
Steps involved in a recruitment process
There are generally 8 phases involved in the recruitment process of any business:
- Identifying hiring needs
- Preparing job description
- Talent search
- Screening and shortlisting
- Evaluation of performance
- Pushing out the Offer of Employment
- Induction of new employee
A recruitment services provider agency takes care of the first 4 phases and then pushes the candidate’s profile forward to the company. There the HR of the company interviews them, evaluates their performance, and makes the final selection. After this, some agencies even help the companies push out the offer letters to the selected candidates and take care of the induction process.
Contractual or Permanent, human resource is the building block of any business
Some businesses that operate on a smaller level still have the same basic needs as a big company. But would the amount spent by those big companies still be a wise choice for these small businesses? Think not. So, these businesses are better off hiring employees on a contract basis for a specified amount of time so that they don’t house any staff that is sitting idly by until needed.
In addition, contractual employees earn more than what a permanent employee would because they have the option to negotiate their remuneration based on their experience, and usually, they have a higher experience than full-time employees. One other reason as to why hiring a contractual employee is beneficial for the business is that they don’t have to provide the employees with any social benefits like insurance and amenities.
Even hiring a permanent employee can become tiresome, especially if the business is new or is not up to the mark to take that responsibility. Seeing how companies want to save their time and efforts, giving a finder’s fee to these agents and let them do the hard work doesn’t sound bad at all.
Hire a recruitment agent and let your business thank you
There are numerous reasons as to why hiring a permanent recruitment agency is the prudent choice for an ongoing business operation-
- Hiring an agent reduces the overall cost: Businesses usually release an op-ed or marketing piece advertising that they are hiring. Or, to even push their posts on different social media, they have to pay a hefty amount. But, there will be no need to pay for something like this if one decides to hire a recruitment agency. They charge a small fee only when they bring a suitable candidate for you. Moreover, the companies will also not have to pay for setting up job fairs or conducting extensive selection tests. Buying additional software is also not necessary after hiring a recruitment agency.
- Hiring an agent will save time and let the business focus on its daily commitments: Hiring new employees shouldn’t hamper a going concern’s daily activities, but sometimes it does. But if you make the wise choice of hiring an agency, your business will not have to suffer missing deadlines because your most efficient teams are assigned to find fresh blood in the market.
- It will give access to a richer pool of applications: Even if a company’s reach or prestige in the market is low, an agency’s reach is always greater because their whole business is dependent on connections. This allows companies to get a diverse roster of applications without going out of their way. Some companies may not be that well-known in the community to attract highly qualified applications, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that the company is any less than its competition; maybe it’s offering something that most businesses aren’t?
Conclusion: Get right with it
If some job seekers in the market don’t trust these agencies and think of applying to the companies directly as the better and safer option, its’s time for them to get right with the process. The world has become extensively digital, especially after the pandemic.
So, many businesses suffered and closed shop while some businesses started relying on the software available. With this, their requirement for the human resource has also gone down. But, thankfully, for us, no business can function without employees.
So, as their demand for human employees has gone down, they usually give the responsibility of recruitment to these agencies as they can just contact them when they have a need, and these agencies already have a set of resumes ready. So, this is the future, get right with it, and it can be a wonderful experience for all the seekers out there.