Clearing your web browser’s cookies is actually pretty easy and can help you protect your data while you’re online.
Web cookies are small files that hide in your computer so that your browser and websites can keep track of your browsing sessions and save useful information such as your login credentials for later retrieval. Cookies are generally pretty harmless but they can put your privacy at risk if an attacker gains access to them according to the computer technician Robert @ Fix My Computer Repairs Brisbane
This is why most modern browsers make sure that cookie storage is easily understandable and controllable. You can choose to remove individual cookies or all of them at once. Here’s how you can do the latter:
- In your Google Chrome browser, click the menu on the upper-right corner. Select More Tools then click on “Clear browsing data”.
- You can then choose which browsing data you want to be cleared. Browsing history, cookies, and other site data, and Cached images and files are selected by default. You can just deselect the others if you wish.
- You can also select a date range of which data to clear by clicking on the Advanced tab.
- If you would like to make any more changes to your cookie settings, go to Chrome Settings > Advanced > Site Settings > Cookies.
- Verify that you’re running the latest version of the Firefox browser. Select the Firefox menu then “Options” and “Privacy & Security”.
- Scroll down to “Cookies and Site Data”. You can then select the “Clear Data” option to remove all cookies.
- When you choose the “Manage Data” option, it will show you a complete list of all your stored cookies. You can selectively delete which ones you want or click on “Remove All”. You can set up lists to block or allow in the “Exceptions” option.
Seeing we are more Windows-based users – we asked the experts at Mac-dev.net to give us screenshots of how to do the same procedure on a mac.
- In your browser, go to the Safari menu. Scroll down to Preferences, then open Privacy.
- You can see an option to “Block all cookies”.
- Click on “Manage Website Data” to see the list of sites that stored cookies. You can manually choose which sites you want to delete the cookies for. If you want to get rid of them, just select “Remove All”.
Unlike our competitor Computer Repairs Brisbane which purchased the whole domain name – at Fix My Home Computer, we can perform the above steps for you at a cheaper cost. We offer the best professional computer repair services for all our clients. Check out the site for further reference on the type of services we offered.