A UPS or uninterrupted power supply is important for everyone, specially when most of us are still working from home. Any disruptions in power could quickly put you in a spot in the middle of a meeting or while working on that important piece of work. Therefore, it’s only obvious that a high-quality UPS is required to deliver on its promise.
Most of us may think the higher the UPS price, the better the product would be. Even though, a higher price point often reflects the quality of components used, it may not be the only factor that should play an important part in choosing a UPS for your home.
In this article, we will take a brief look at a few other important aspects that you must pay attention to, apart from the UPS price, when choosing a UPS for your home!
But first off, let’s look at a few power issues that a UPS helps you tackle.
- Surge: This is often a short but intense spike in electricity that’s most commonly caused by lightning. This can cause significant damage to your valuable appliances.
- Blackout: Blackout is basically a power outage that can last from a few minutes to hours, and even days. Blackouts happen when the weather conditions are intense, as a result of grid failure, etc.
- Brownout: This is a drop in voltage for a significant period. This happens when there is an emergency and power companies deliberately lower the voltage to prevent a total blackout from taking place or when there’s additional stress on resources.
- Voltage Sags: This is an under-voltage condition; however, it happens suddenly and often without notice.
- Over Voltage: This happens whenever the incoming voltage is higher than normal and this usually lasts much longer compared to a surge in electricity.
All of these problems could cause potential damage to your electrical appliances, and a UPS helps protect devices from said spikes and surges. Now let’s look at 3 points that will help you choose the best UPS solution for your home!
Load Capacity and Power Delivery
Table of Contents
A UPS needs to be adequately powered to handle the load of your electrical appliances. So, if you have appliances that require high power to operate like air conditioners, geysers, refrigerators, etc. choose an UPS solution that can handle the load requirement and deliver power accordingly.
Brand and Make
Brand and make are extremely crucial for the overall service life and maintenance costs. Always buy a UPS from a reliable manufacturer even if the UPS price is a bit on the higher side. Avoid the temptation of buying a UPS from a local manufacturer just because of a lower price point. A UPS manufactured by a reputed brand will give you maximum service life and would cost much less in maintenance costs in the longer run. So, to get maximum value for your money, choose a good brand and make when buying a UPS for your home.
After Sales Service and Customer Care
Sooner or later, you are going to need some sort of assistance for your UPS, as it is the case with any other product that you buy. Therefore, it’s important to have access to 24/7 customer support that can help you get proper assistance, and should there be any need to change any parts due to wear and tear, you would need high-quality after sales support to fix any underlying issues at the earliest.
These simple rules will help you narrow down to the best UPS systems in town and help you in choosing wisely. That way, you get your money’s worth and end up with a UPS that’s going to service you for years to come before requiring a replacement.
Luminous has one of the most impressive lineups of UPS solutions in the industry with exceptional designs and components used during the manufacturing process which gives them extended service lives and low-cost maintenance. Moreover, 24/7 customer support, backed by an exceptional after-sales support team, you can always rely on them should you ever need assistance. Make sure to check their website out before you select an inverter for your home.