The online streaming industry is marked with digital streaming gadgets, apps and software, to provide quality up-to-date entertainment. Big companies such as Amazon have developed special streaming devices like Firestick and Fire TV to offer exclusive online streams. Firestick is a unique media player designed to produce thousands of streaming apps/channels.
The Firestick device operates by changing the experience on standard cable TV to a new online smart TV. The user can stream thousands of online content from live TV shows, movies, kid’s entertainment, documentaries, and more.
Firesticks are just a host device for thousands of streaming channels such as Netflix, Hulu, Hotstar, Amazon, and more. This streaming media require the user to pay a monthly quarterly or annual subscription fee.
However, Firestick also allows for third-party streaming apps which offer free online content. A relief for many streams but also an open risk. The majority of third-party streaming apps contain malware that is harmful to your device.
These affect the functionality of your Firestick and might require technical experts or just simple procedures such as resetting or restating. The device may misbehave due to the effect of malware or completely stop working. Users should know how to reset Firestick or how to restart Firestick without professional help.
Besides the virus concept, online streaming activities act as bait for all legal trouble from ISP, third-party authorities, and the government. Online surveillance, internet throttling, and shutdown are real in the streaming world. Moreover, streaming apps, especially third-party apps, tamper with piracy policies of different contents.
It’s pretty annoying not knowing who is supervising your online activities. For a permanent solution, although some fail, a Best VPN software service is the best solution to keep you streaming on a low profile.
How to install VPN on Firestick
Installing VPN from Fire TV or Firestick app store
The method is available for any VPN listed on the Firestick or Fires TV app store.
- Open your Firestick device and proceed to the search bar.
- Key in the name of your preferred VPN. Note the VPN must be listed on the Firestick app store for this method to work.
- Select the VPN on the results page and click the download button.
- Next, click the “open” tab to launch the VPN.
- Proceed and sign up on the VPN app page.
- Choose the preferred location and select the “connect” button.
- The system will display a connection pop up, click “OK” to complete the installation process.
Installing VPN APK file through direct download
The download process is not limited to available VPN apps on the Firestick app store. The user can install any VPN their wish to use. VPN with an official website is reliable compared to those using third-party websites.
- Go to the setting section on your Firestick device.
- Next, search for the Downloader app from the device and select the download button.
- Give the system time to download, and once complete, press the open tab.
- Now enter the VPN app download URL, which is easily located on the VPN website page.
- Proceed and download the VPN app and install it to continue. Suppose the page doesn’t request the install process. Go to the download tab on the downloader and select the VPN APK file.
- The downloader app is located on the setting section since it’s not from the Firestick app store.
- Navigate to the setting section >apps>manage installed apps.
- The already downloaded VPN app will show, click on it and launch the app.
- Next, sign up on the VPN application page.
- Choose the VPN location from the list offered to connect.
VPN for Firestick
Virtual Private Network helps hide your identity (IP address) and protects your browsing activities from any surveillance team (government, hackers, ISP, agencies, and more). The software masks your IP address with a different virtual tunnel.
The majority of online streams use VPN to bypass the geographical restriction and access content from other regions. For example, Netflix streaming media has restrictions in various locations, limiting the user from favorite access movies, TV shows, music, and other content. The tech market has introduced several VPN services which can bypass the restriction.
VPNs come in two versions paid and premium version. The features are offered based on the version. The paid VPN service will offer the best quality and secure services. However, there are free VPN software working, but they don’t guarantee total protection.