Statistics, Machine Learning, Data Science, or Analytics — has exploded in popularity in the last quarter-century. All thanks to improved data gathering capabilities and exponentially rising computer capacity. Engineers, mathematicians, computer scientists, and statisticians are all needed in this field. Hence, there is a need for a multi-faceted approach for success.
If you’re wondering what is data science course, then let’s define it. Data science course is a combination of mathematics, business acumen, tools, algorithms, and machine learning techniques to generate hidden patterns from raw data. These patterns help in better decision-making for businesses.
A computer science engineer is in charge of software design, development, and testing. A computer engineer is also in charge of maintaining an organization’s programming and managing client projects. Computer science engineering course will improve the speed, reliability, and performance of systems by using embedded systems.
Well, there are specific facts about the two courses that are lesser-known. In this article, we have added the facts about the two courses.
Facts about Data Science Course
- Data is Never Clean
That is correct. Data is a pain in the neck. Even when data is acquired and cleansed with a keen eye, some form of data discrepancy will inevitably emerge. And data scientists are well-versed in working with data turmoil and noise while also cleaning it up.
- Data Science Needs Great Communication Skills
The entire procedure may be rendered fruitless if adequate communication is not established. It’s possible that it won’t turn into anything serious. But, the profession will include various presentations that need the professional to be well-versed with public speaking skills.
- Data Science is Not Meant Only For Large Organizations
Many firms feel that data science is only for large companies with top-notch infrastructure. But, the fact is that data science applies to all categories of industries.
- Data Science Field has Different Roles, Not just Data Scientists.
Many people primarily identify data science with data scientists, forgetting the field’s other significant functions like data engineer, data analyst, and data scientist who play a prominent role as well.
- You do Not Need to be a Tech-Savvy or Hold a Ph.D. to Learn Data Science
Data science seems to be a field of computer savvy experts, which leads to the frequent misconception that one must be brilliant or have a Ph.D. to master data science.
- Data Science Competitions and Real Life Projects are Different
A win in a data science competition (e.g., on an online platform like Kaggle) might increase one’s confidence to the point where they consider pursuing a career in data science.
Facts about Computer Science Engineering Course
- Graduates in computer science earn some of the top wages in the industry.
- According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), 68.7% of computer science graduates will have at least one job before graduating from college.
- For qualified individuals with attractive employment options in computer science engineering, a bachelor’s degree is sufficient.
- Being a computer science graduate does not imply that you will be permanently enslaved to a computer.
- Computer science graduates do not spend their days coding in their basements. Some people associate computer science grads with being antisocial geeks, which isn’t far from reality.
- It’s not only about programming when it comes to computer science. Programming is only a computer science instrument.
With the growth of data in practically every industry, data science is becoming unavoidable. It provides a promising professional path. Anyone who appreciates problem-solving and has data empathy may want to consider data science or computer science as a career choice.