Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is a body that conducts CGL exams year after year for recruiting graduates in different governments through Grade-‘B’ and Grade’ C’ postings. SSC is the second preferred examination after UPSC, held in Pan India every year. This examination recruits the highest officers/employees. We will discuss life after clearing SSC CGL exam here in this write-up.
Life after clearing SSC CGL
Table of Contents
Most aspirants preparing for government jobs aspire to be government officers, accountants, and auditors in the reputed SSC departments. Only a lucky few can make it to the final list. As per the level of experience of candidates who clear the exam, their lives drastically change after clearing SSC CGL. Let us take a look at how their life changes.
- Stress-free and relaxed life – After a candidate clears the SSC CGL examination, students get appointed in a reputed government department with optimum job security. All of the worries and apprehensions of the concerned candidates regarding their career finally come to an end, and they get a stable and secure government job.
- Proud parents – The most crucial aspect for several people is to make their parents proud. Clearing SSC CGL is a huge thing for Indian parents & they feel proud and happy to hear the selection news of their wards in the SSC CGL exam.
- Social power and status – People are keen on getting into government jobs in India as government jobs, especially the central government jobs of today’s time, offer a very lucrative salary, job security and job stability.
- Lucrative salary – The salary offered to the central government employees recruited through the SSC CGL exam is lucrative.
- Free time for enjoying life – After getting the appointment, the SSC CGL employees have to work five days a week, starting from 9 AM and ending at 5 PM. So, the concerned person can dedicate a lot of time to himself and his family. Thus, this job ensures work-life balance and allows living a good family and social life.
- Responsible citizens – When appointed as a respected and prestigious government employee, one understands all his responsibilities well and eventually becomes a responsible citizen.
Facilities and perks received by the employees after clearing SSC CGL
After clearing the SSC CGL exam, the employees receive a lucrative salary and several perks & facilities that make their life easier and convenient. These facilities and perks are as follows:
- Transport allowances – All the central government employees receive transport allowances’ entitlement. These allowances are entitled to all the central government employees irrespective of the location where they are posted.
- LTC benefits – Officers recruited after clearing SSC CGL to enjoy LTC benefits for travelling within India or overseas once they complete a certain tenure in the job. This becomes a pleasant break for the employees and their families.
- Gratuity benefits – Gratuity is one of the major benefits that the employees are entitled to after leaving an organization. This is an amount that is paid to the employee by the employer for the services that is being rendered to the organization. The employees recruited after clearing SSC CGL are entitled to gratuity benefits.
- The benefit of National Pension – After joining a government job clearing the SSC CGL, you automatically become entitled to a national pension scheme that secures your future and gives you the desired peace of mind.
- Medical facilities – All the medical bills of the SSC CGL employees and their families are reimbursed by the Government.
- Benefits of paid leaves – The employees are entitled to paid leaves, including medical leaves, privilege leaves, casual leaves, and earned leaves.
Thus, download BYJU’s Exam Prep for SSC CGL exam preparation. After going through all the above-listed benefits that the employees receive after clearing SSC CGL, we can conclude that they live a very good life. All of them are posted in different parts of India, and there are usually no foreign postings.